I was sad to stumble onto the fact that this is the last book of the series:
- In the Blood (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery #1) by Steve Robinson
- To the Grave (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery #2)
- The Last Queen of England (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery #3) by Steve Robinson
- The Lost Empress by Steve Robinson
- Kindred (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery #5) by Steve Robinson
After the settled ending of the last book, it was hard to imagine a worthy continuation. This book did justice to that thought and more. This book steps up the pace exponentially of the villainy thus far encountered. JT is living in domestic bliss of sorts when he is summoned back to the US by the FBI and is then plunged headlong into a game of murder and deceit seemingly designed for him. Fighting his growing despair, he solves his way to his own version of a happily ever after.
We are re introduced to a few people from the past books , some good and others not. Hopefully this is not the end of the series but even if it is, it’s a good way to go.
P.S: I know this may seem like much but there are more reviews to follow this coming week. It might slow down after that and I sincerely hope that the volume will not throw people off from reading through them!