Welcome to the first books vs moods post of the year. I did post a lot of ‘lists’ and I will put them down here for the last time this year. I have had a few new followers recently (Thank you!!), so I thought I would make it easy for them to get a birds-eye view of the situation on my blog thus far:
- 2018 Mega Stats: for a LOT of graphs
- December 2018 BooksVsMoods: for the last post in the format of the current blog post
- If you are looking for books to add to your TBR, look no further! My compilation lists for the year 2018 are as follows:
- 2018 Long List I : Inspirational Books and Learning Tools
- 2018 Long List II – Series’ I started or continued
- 2018 Long List III – Comics and Cozy reads
- 2018 Long List IV – Thrilling and Abstract
- 2018 Long list V – The rest of recommendations
Now to the task at hand:
I have divided books I read in January into convenient sections to match with the mood I think they will be enjoyed the most in.They are not in particular order and the covers link back to my review of the book if you want a closer look.
Restless energy (Chase/thrill)
Rainy day read(cosy/comfortable/Tearful)
Reading group analysis( Profound/cerebral/debatable)
The Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield being my favourite review of the month only because I felt like I managed to convey what I felt, which is a satisfaction I do not get often.The Mad Ship by Robin Hobb is a close second.
Miscellaneous (These did not fit any specific mood)