I decided to something else for my recommendation long/short list V. Since I managed to cram miscellaneous into my previous posts, I wanted to try something out.
I am still on a free version of WordPress, so I do not have easy/accurate access to Stats, so I have to manually try a few things out to build the following list of pages. I might be off by a few, especially as things are bound to change daily. I hope you find this a little entertaining. I liked looking at whatever I could to put this together.
This is built solely on the books I read/reviewed on the blog this year with information being taken via my Goodreads account.
Most Liked Post
– I had the most excellent luck with this one, all three books that I read, loved and reviewed on the blog by the author came to her attention. Given the fact that I do not tag the authors on my posts, it was a stroke of luck. She not only enjoyed the reviews but shared them and gave me the best compliment
Most Viewed Post
– This was a surprise entry after I talked myself into participating. This bodes well for my enthusiasm for future joining next year!
Top 5 Liked review on Goodreads
- Where The Story Starts by Imogen Clark
- Running from Arrows (A Running Store Mystery #2) by T.C. Wescott
- Five Minutes at Hotel Stormcove – An Anthology
- Girls of Glass by Brianna Labuskes
- Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass by Heather Day Gilbert
Least Liked/viewed post of the year
Highest Rated book on Goodreads (as of posting this)
Lowest Rating on GoodReads
Top 10 Least Read on Goodreads
– This is mostly to point out those books that have few ratings on Goodreads and what I thought of them. I got this idea from when I participated in #TopTenTuesday – Books I loved with few ratings (on Goodreads)
- Four Different Stories by Daniel Pinkwater (5)
- Mallory Cook and the Road Not Taken by Charlotte Nash (7)
- The Fallen Sun by David R. Grigg (7)
- A Curious Place by Barbara Woodward (8)
- The Umbrella Men by Keith Carter (9)
- The Labours of Mrs Stella Ryman by Mel Anastasiou (10)
- The Rocking Book of Rocks by Florence Bullough; Amy Ball (12)
- The Ghost of Artemus Strange by Peter Maughan (13)
- Left-Handed Death by Richard Hull (12)
- The Wipeout Affair by Rachel Neuburger Reynolds (13)
Top 5 Most read books on Goodreads
– This is to just show some of the popular books I read, and since they do not really need more of an intro, I am limiting it to five.
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Rosie Project/Effect/Result by Graeme Simsion
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
Top 5 books I disagreed with the popular rating on Goodreads
- The Lying Room by Nicci French
- The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas
- Adequate Yearly Progress by Roxanna Elden
- Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield
- Rules for Visiting by Jessica Francis Kane
I wanted to add the names of all the people who commented on my posts because I had a great time this year interacting with people who stopped by and left messages but apart from a few people I am familiar with, I was unable to narrow down the list in an accurate manner. But I would love to thank all those people who did read/like or even just read and comment on my post, you made my day every time you did so!!
P.S: I am going to sit down and work on my Mega Stats today, Wish me luck!
2 thoughts on “2019 Long list V – The rest of recommendations /Highlights of my blogging year”
This is such a great post!! Wishing you another year of great reading!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! Wish you a great new year with lots of reading too🥳